EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) has a very well-structured curriculum which will allow you to build extensive knowledge of all the domains regarding penetration testing. The CEH courseware is so comprehensive that it will make your journey to the penetration testing effectively with real-world scenario example and how to use tools in a methodological approach.
What is the best part of CEH training?
The best part of the CEH training is definitely the EC-Council iLabs facility, where you can apply your knowledge gathered from the courseware and can test your ability on penetration testing with pre-configured virtual lab environment. The CEH courseware is consist of 20 modules with a clear demonstration of technique and tools which enables a higher level of understanding of the corresponding domain.
- Module 01: Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- Module 02: Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Module 03: Scanning Networks
- Module 04: Enumeration
- Module 05: Vulnerability Analysis
- Module 06: System Hacking
- Module 07: Malware Threats
- Module 08: Sniffing
- Module 09: Social Engineering
- Module 10: Denial-of-Service
- Module 11: Session Hijacking
- Module 12: Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots
- Module 13: Hacking Web Servers
- Module 14: Hacking Web Applications
- Module 15: SQL Injection
- Module 16: Hacking Wireless Networks
- Module 17: Hacking Mobile Platforms
- Module 18: IoT Hacking
- Module 19: Cloud Computing
- Module 20: Cryptography
Recommendation about CEH:
I think the method EC-Council follows to provide industry standard extensive training to be the ultimate penetration tester is pretty excellent. If anyone wants to pursue their carrier as a Cyber Security Researcher or Penetration Tester, then I highly recommend you to start with EC Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program then take EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA) and finally achieve Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT) certification.